SEDFIT was developed for Windows PCs. If you prefer using a Mac, it is possible to run SEDFIT and SEDPHAT directly from an Intel Mac/Unix machine with a virtual Windows environment, as described in the Mac/Unix instructions. The following instructions are for Windows.
* PC with at least 500 MHz processor and 200 MB RAM for equilibrium, but > 2 GHz processor and 500 MB RAM for global velocity analysis
* Windows NT, 95, 98, 2000, XP or later
* ~5 MB of harddisk space
* internet connection for access to on-line help
For downloading and installation, follow these 9 steps:
1) Note that this is software was created at the National Institutes of Health and carries the following disclaimer:
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED AS IS, AND WITH ALL FAULTS. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, SEQUENCE, COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, FREEDOM FROM INTERRUPTION). THERE ARE NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM TRADE USAGE, COURSE OF DEALING, OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT ANY SOFTWARE, INFORMATION, OR OUR EFFORTS WILL FULFILL ANY OF THE USERS PARTICULAR NEEDS OR PURPOSES
By downloading and using the software, you agree to cite the software in publications (including the name and source), as well as the referencing the published methods (see the references page).
2) Create a directory named "sedfit" on your harddrive C: (Note, installation can also take place into an alternate destination folder, see details.)
3) Sedphat is only a single executable sedphat.exe. It is zipped and must be expanded. Download the zipped file simply by clicking on the following link, and store the files in the directory c:\sedfit\.
Please note that the following links are redirecting to the official NIH download page sedfitsedphat.nibib.nih.gov.
sedphat_v12.1b.zip (version 12.1b from December 2014, should be 8,258 KB extracted)
The location of sedphat.exe should be c:\sedfit\sedphat.exe in order to establish the link to the export function of Sedfit .
4) You can also associate "*.sedphat" files with sedphat.exe [single right-click on sephat file, select "Open With", "Choose Program", "Browse", find sedphat.exe, and check "Always use the selected program..."]. This will allow you to simply double click on any sedphat file from within your file manager and start a new copy of SedphaT showing the saved analysis. Similarly, you can association "*.xp" files with sedphat.exe. For more details, see the website for Verifying and Testing the Correct Installation of SedphaT.
5) for getting started, visit the following sites: Concepts for Getting Started, Tutorial for Getting Started (note this includes a description for how to associate '*.sedphat' files with sedphat.exe)
6) remember: For storing any data, configuration files, or experiment files, DO NOT USE DIRECTORIES WITH WHITE-SPACE CHARACTERS, e.g. "My Documents", "XLA DATA" or the desktop. That will create errors when reloading.
7) you can verify the correct installation by visiting this site.
8) If you would like to be placed on an email list of users for updates, bug fixes, etc, (I would strongly recommend this, as Sedphat is evolving rapidly): sign up for SEDPHAT-UPDATE.
9) Please sign up to the SEDPHAT-L listserv for discussion of applications of SEDPHAT and questions of global analysis of ITC, AUC, and other biophysical techniques at: